Friday, June 4, 2010

Working F'n B

F and B sounds like swearing. F'n B. After awhile, that's how I feel.
I think I'm a burned out cook.

Today I saw something interesting, and it reminded me of the universal mom-habit of applying spit as a cleaning agent.
Seems chef's hands are always clean, and are the universal tool.
Or so we are all led to believe, or assume, or hope by virtue of its common practice.

It is a widely accepted opinion that Food and Beverage is the hardest and least appreciated department, especially the Employee Dining Room (EDR) crew. If anyone out there cares, give your EDR person a thanks today for a job done, even if not well.

Zion is getting hot, nearly 100 degrees. Its still lovely, and I can't wait for my days off to enjoy some more of it. The river has slowed, the banks receding. The grass remains green here in the valley, however, because it is watered with sprinkling systems.

I feel removed from the general news loop. No one really talks about all the pressing issues the country faces. We work, we sleep, we hope for days off to play.

No comments:

Post a Comment