Monday, July 5, 2010

Abandoned Stuff?

I decided to hike the Narrows in Zion National Park again. Today, with an early start of 8 a.m, I arrived without crowds. Not a soul in sight, except those on the shuttle bus.

By the time I finished the Riverside Trail at the Temple of Sinawava, and prepared to enter the waters of the Narrows, I'd seen plenty of abandoned water bottles, shoes, sandals, hats, and tissues.

Can't believe someone would leave these trail shoes. Can't believe someone would leave these sandals. Would someone be in the Narrows already, and leave their shoes here on the ledge for when they got back?

That may have been the case. I passed a couple people on the way back from their prebreakfast hike. A lady told me they started at 6:30 a.m. Avoid the crowds, get a true feeling of adventure. I forgot to ask them if those were their shoes.

I saw a baby's outfit mid stream upon a rock.

Interesting what the river washes up.

No comments:

Post a Comment