Friday, July 9, 2010

The Comfort Zone

Last night I did steaks again. Not really my comfort zone. A culinary area I have yet to develop confidence, I'm glad the chef is not giving me an option. I do my best, temp by touch, and cross my fingers when the order goes out. So far, one refire each night: under, not over, cooked.

Getting out of one's comfort zone is good. Makes a person alert, detail oriented, brain cells developing new connections. Gray matter in top form.

I'm sure Lewis and Clark got out of their comfort zone. I bet Alexander Graham Bell felt some unease. No doubt Bill Gates had sleepless nights.

Discovery and Adventure happens out of the comfort zone. Where would the human race be without pressing some personal boundaries of ease and contentment?

OK, broiling New York Strips and Rib Eyes is really not world news. But, I'm game. And that's what really matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment