Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Packless System Packed

We've completed our external frame conversion.

This short clip above shows how I have placed all my gear on my ultralight frame and utilized the bags we've been making this week.

As you can see, I have a sleeping pad and tent sack of nearly the same length, cinched on at the bottom. My main bag is placed above it. It provides a nice ledge for the top sack to rest upon. Still, that in itself is not enough security for the top food bag. This bag is the one we added the bottom loop to, and have a brand name tag serving as a cinching loop as well.

If you have trouble at first getting a stable load, readjust your bags and remember that silnylon is quite slippery. The bags need to be longer rather than fatter to allow for ample purchase of the cinching strap.

All of the footage is being edited for my YouTube channel and will be available by Friday.

Thanks for following. If you have any questions, please write.

No comments:

Post a Comment