Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Women Who Run With the Wolves

Food for thought:
"For instance, women who are raised in families that are not accepting of their gifts often set off on tremendously big quests-over and over, and they do not know why. They feel they must have three Ph.Ds, or that they have to hang upside down from Mt. Everest, or that they must execute all manner of dangerous, time-consuming and money-eating endeavors to try to prove to their families that they have worth".

I found this quote when sorting books to sell on my amazon.com sellers account. Never wanting to get buried by Stuff, I sell, recycle, give away, or refurbish things I'm done with. I had this book marker with the quote from the book, Women Who Run With the Wolves.

Its food for thought. Not all women who are driven to crazy endeavors or extremes were raised in such judgemental environments. Yet, those that were hate to admit that is what drives them.
I recommend this book to all women, though, and it can get fairly heavy in telling fairy tales and legends.

Today I found three more books to add to my collection:

The Best Western Stories (22 stories by various renown authors)

10 Rules to Break & 10 Rules to Make, by Bill Quain, PH.D.

When Battered Women Kill, by Angela Browne

All three books cost me a total of $1.00. Yup, just one buck, for all three and they are in excellent shape. Visit your local thrift store and see what you can find! Happy Reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment