Sunday, December 19, 2010

Internet Teaches Keyboarding Skills

You gotta love the Internet. I bought an electric piano keyboard last week and am now in the process of learning to play it.
It is a 61 key Casio, with tons of functions, like automatic accompaniment, transposing, tempos and instrument adaptations.
However, a person can go much farther with some basic knowledge, like what chords go with what keys, and how to improvise.
I found this free site, and it looks like it has just what I need.
I've made some flash cards to learn note recognition on the music sheet, and found another site
which also has some good information on the major scales.
This is why I believe the ability to read is the most valuable skill we can teach someone. If you can read, you can learn anything, first by researching the information, then putting it into practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment