Sunday, February 20, 2011

Extreme Sports

Darcy Africa is doing amazing things. I first read about her in an Outside 2007 Buyer's Guide I picked up last week. It was free at local library.

She was 32 in 2007, and completed the Grand Slam, an ultra marathoner's dream of four 100 mile races.




http://www.backcountryrunner.com/bios/darcy-africa.phtml


The Outside Gear Guide is a great resource, and humbling. So many sports, so many gifted athletes, and extreme human exploits.

It's good to get a taste of various sports. I've done some snorkeling, running, long distance biking. One of my most memorable experience is completing a Double Century
(200 miles in one day on a bike).

This summer I plan to learn white water kayaking. A person who will be working with me in the Grand Tetons taught that sport. With the Snake river in our back yard, we should get plenty of opportunities on days off. My wet suit and helmet are on my packing list.

No comments:

Post a Comment