Friday, March 18, 2011

On the Trail-Bonding vs. Bondage

I'll be gone a few days testing my new Women's Casper Sleeping Bag. Rated 15 degrees, I'm sure to sleep warm.
http://eurekatents.com
With a full moon, and day light savings, the campfire and river trail should be an exceptionally fine adventure.

In these economic times, bonding with nature is a very inexpensive way to "vacation". One doesn't need to travel far. Every state has areas worthy of exploration. I'm particularly fortunate to live in North East Georgia, surrounded by Wilderness and National Forest

A natural experience should be of bonding, not bondage. I do not try to control or conquer nature. Enjoy it for what it offers, and let it relax you. No fear, no threats. A welcoming of the sensory experience at all levels

The UPS guy told our "neighbor", who lives about a mile away, of some wild hogs and piglets he saw playing near the road. My life partner and I went to look for the signs, and sure enough, plenty of rooting around done near the road, veering off into the gorge. We followed the sign for awhile and saw their trending east, not near my garden. This is a relief

Not that we wouldn't put a stop to tearing up my hard work establishing a mountain garden. He is well prepared for defending the perimeter.

No comments:

Post a Comment