Monday, March 14, 2011

Women's Casper Sleeping Bag-Review

I just received my Eureka Casper Sleeping Bag. Eureka Outdoor Gear
is the link for all of their products, tents, sleeping bags, etc.
is the link to view the specs on my bag.

Its rated for 15 degrees, is 100% polyester, and weighs 2 pounds 15 ounces.

Best of all, its sized for Women.
They have a long woman's bag, and the shorter one.This is exciting because we need a different fit than guys and why carry more length than you need?
I'll be testing this end of the week on a trip with my partner.

My initial impression of components is excellent. The compression stuff sack is tight, well made, but a little heavy at 3.7 ounces. I'll swap it out for a silnylon one I've made saving 3 ounces off the carry weight. The compression sack works for clothing, when traveling, a good item for the gear closet.

The lovely gray-pale green is a nice combination. The foot bed is circular, not flat, with two hanging loops for long term storage. Bags are best hung when not in use.
The zipper is very responsive, not the skimpy coil you sometimes find in ultralight gear. A three quarter, two way zipper in a great lining. It can be completely opened, with no stress on the bottom end. This is useful on warm nights enabling it to be used quilt fashion.
An inner chest pocket with Velcro closure for those little night time things like LED light, bandanna, or gloves is a great find as well.
I got in it, zipped it up and felt it could be used by a woman up to 5'6". I'm 5'2" and had plenty of room, yet not excessive.
The trail test will be posted next week. I'm seriously loving this bag so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment