Tuesday, April 19, 2011

A Quote to Ponder

Karen Morss wrote this quote:

Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. The fearful are caught as often as the bold.

Then, Edmund Burke stated: Early and provident fear is the mother of safety.

At some point, we may change life direction. One of my favorite quotes, applicable in every walk of life: Quitting while you're ahead is not the same as quitting.
This came from the movie, American Gangster.

I'm pondering these thoughts while preparing for my upcoming road trip.

I could avoid the danger of the open road; I could stay home and get bit by a snake, mauled by a bear, wreck my car going into town.
Another quote comes to mind, We sit as many risks as we run. I think that's Thoreau.

Life is short. Thats got to be one of the tritest phrases on earth.
The key is to repeat it until we actually believe it.

No comments:

Post a Comment