Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Grand Tetons in May

I took this
photo from the Jackson Lake location where I'll be working in the Bakery.
Its still pretty cold here. Good thing I brought plenty of layers.
We have people from 26 different countries checking in for the summer season. Spanish is commonly heard.
Everyone is really nice. The food in the Employee Dining Room is very good, with lots of fruits and vegetables for healthy eating. Then, of course, there's always ice cream for desert, or cake.
As the snow melts and trails dry off, most of the people here plan to get out an hike, do float trips, horse back riding and enjoy town of Jackson.

You can check out seasonal jobs at
One thing that's a little hard for older folks is the dorm situation. The rooms here have between two to four, with bathrooms down the hall.
This does take some getting used to  and its not for everyone. Sometimes a person outgrows the desire to share small spaces as well.

1 comment:

  1. I've been checking your other blog and finally had the thought to come here to see if you made it alive. I'm glad it turned out to be what you were hoping for.

    I don't do "close quarters" anymore. Too many years crammed on to LST's, LPH's, LPD's. I need my space now.

    ReplyDelete