Friday, November 25, 2011

What Next, Water Outlawed?

This nice old man who makes Polar Pure for backpackers, campers and travelers is being shut down because the DEA says his product might be used by meth cookers.

"But federal and state drug enforcement agents are coming down hard on Wallace's humble homemade solution, which he concocted to help backpackers purify water.

The U.S. Drug Enforcement Agency and state regulators say druggies can use the single ingredient in his "Polar Pure" water purifier -- iodine -- to make crystal meth."

Ok, people that cook meth use a lot of stuff. I bet they even use water. Hope they don't outlaw that stuff too.

I saw a link posted on facebook, followed it at:

http://www.mercurynews.com/saratoga/ci_19385037

Its a great read.
I use iodine on rare occasion. Will I soon have to sign for it? Seriously, what is happening to this country when a nice couple like these can't even produce a well know, well liked beneficial product .

Surely there's got to be a way the feds can adequately legislate this. I digress.

Please don't take my water away, don't call me collateral damage in the fight against these shitheads who cook meth.

2 comments:

  1. I wonder if they will outlaw stoves and pots since that is also used to cook down the product!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, good question, Flo. What are things coming too. I fear they will outlaw gram weenie scales!

    ReplyDelete