Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Leaving A Legacy

Every once in awhile I get a great e-mail, letting me know that all my journals and writings are still being read and inspire people. I hope to keep doing this, especially for women.

The journals she is referring to can be read  by first going to my home page at
http://www.trailquest.net/BRindex.html
You can read my journals from the PCT, Colorado Trail as well.

Hello! My name is Morgan and I felt very compelled to write to you after having just finished your Journal from your 2002 Appalachian Trail experience. I have to tell you, I have been yearning to do this trail myself for years now and you have been such an inspiration to me. I am 23 years old and hoping to start the trail in the next year or two (trying to get finances in order to make this possible) but I have already started to try to mentally and physically prepare myself. I wonder, did you get out of the trail what you hoped for when you first set out?

Brawny, thank you for being you. And additionally, thank you for recording your journey so that girls like me know that they can follow in your footsteps and be strong women. You are my hero, and I just thought you might want to know this. Have a wonderfully day :)

Morgan
 
 
My Reply:
 
Thanks, Morgan, for your kind words. I would have to say I actually got way more from my trail experience than I thought I would. Even today, I use the lessons, for instance, those of perservance, being friendly and trusting my instincts.
Above all, go for it and don't let anybody co-op your experience.
best wishes
Brawny
 
Happy Trails, Thanks to all my readers!
 
 

1 comment: