Saturday, September 29, 2012

Snow Around the Yellowstone Corner

Up at Lake Yellowstone, we know it can snow any day. Any Day. Last evening I hiked up to Elephant Back to get cell service. It began to thunder, sprinking just a bit. I knew it was time to get back to only 7782 feet elevation. On the way down it began to hail, lightening flashed. It reminded me of the Colorado Trail thru hike in 2003. We did the entire trail in 40 days, taking only one zero day. Being rained on, hailed on, snowed on for 38 of those days, mostly just after noon. This morning I hiked along the lake, hoping for some sunrise photos. It was pretty cloudy, but here are two of my favorites.

This photo was taken first. While not as dramatic as the first, its very mellow, with snow clouds heavy in the sky. I love it here!

No comments:

Post a Comment