Sunday, July 14, 2013

Video of Backpacking Trip in Maroon Bell Wilderness, Colorado



My good friend Flo flew into Denver from Alabama. She's a firefighter and dedicated outdoors woman.

We headed right out to the highest peaks of Colorado because we only had a week to play.
She picked out this trail, one of the most beautiful in the country. I loved every bit of it and she says she did too, in spite of headaches and an initial period of nausea.

Many young people were backpacking this trail as well. It is recommended to go clockwise, thereby avoiding the huge ascent up Buckskin Pass.

It sprinkled and rained a couple times, but we never got soaked. Campsites were pretty abundant.
I was amazed at the friendliness of the hiking community here. During these four days we made many friends.

It seems the entire I-70 corridor is a haven for bicyclists, rafters, kayakers and hikers. For serious recreation in a gorgeous place, check out Colorado.

1 comment:

  1. Enjoyed our hike. Colorado is an amazing and beautiful place to explore. The lakes, mountains, and wildlife made for some unforgettable experiences. So glad I saw my first bear too!

    ReplyDelete