Sunday, January 5, 2014

CDT-List

http://mailman.backcountry.net/mailman/listinfo/cdt-l

This list is for serious hikers investigating the Continental Divide Trail. Its really useful in getting hard core information from those who have hiked it, those looking for partners, those needing help with logistics.

Early April I intend to be starting at the Mexican Border hiking north. Deming seems to be the end of the Greyhound line. From there, a person has three options for a southern terminus.

This trail is unlike any other in the tolerance for alternate routes. The goal is a Mexico -Canada hike, no missing steps (continuist) along the Divide.

Water and resupply are key issues, along with scarcity of human interaction.

I have 1000 miles to go. I'd say, wish me luck, but a long distance hike requires more than luck. Last year I hiked a section. It was great.

No comments:

Post a Comment