Friday, November 28, 2014

Serious Winter Jacket

This Columbia jacket has become my go-to choice for serious winter expeditions.
I love the many generous pockets, snaps and heavy duty zipper, Velcro on the cuffs and inner pockets.
I actually found this jacket while browsing a thrift store and snapped it right up. 


Its a medium and over-sized, not intended for dinner out, but for hours in sub freezing, below zero even, winter here in Idaho. The sleeves are generous and I can layer fleece underneath. Its quite comfortable and light, excellent for driving, too.

Previously, I wore a jacket that fell below the waist, but now, hoping for a call-out on Idaho's search and rescue unit, I moved up to brand name outerwear.

I like this color scheme as well because it blends with various environments.

No comments:

Post a Comment