Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Transition Time Rules

I'm not sure who wrote the following rules, or steps, for achieving a strong personal foundation. About seven years ago, I read them on the internet. The steps were so succinct and profound, I saved the list to my hard drive and later printed them out.

As I transition to my new job (Mt. Rainier) , new home (class A motorhome) and new state (Washington), I reread them. I'd like to share them now with you.
Again, I don't know the author. I didn't come up with these rules myself, but strive to employ them as much as possible.

Ten Steps to A Strong Personal Foundation
1. Honor your boundaries. Boundaries protect you from people that your spirit cannot easily afford.
2.Raise your standards. The higher your standards, the fewer problems you will encounter in life.
3.Clarify your requirements. Everyone in your life deserves to know what you expect/require of them.
4.Finish your unfinished business. The fewer unresolved items in your life, the more confident you will feel.
5.Get your personal needs met. Until your personal needs are met, its difficult to live powerfully and sustainably.
6.Orient around your values. when you orient your life and your goals around your values, fulfillment naturally occurs.
7.Build reserves in all areas. Having more than enough calms the mind and affords more experimentation in life.
8.Identify and reduce tolerations. What you put up with drains your energy and slows your development.
9.Handle the money, completely. Until your money is handled, you are not at choice in life.
10. Define success for yourself. When you define success for yourself, life becomes very, very simple.


As I typed this list, I realized each step could mean different things to different people and could be the topic of an entire high school essay. Try it. Take a step and figure it out. Its way more productive than taking one of those stupid quizzes friends on Facebook persist in posting.



No comments:

Post a Comment